Thursday, September 30, 2021

Meet Fast Forward Presenter >> Danielle DiLeo Kim

What is your Big Idea for Philadelphia?

PHILADELPHIA250 - By the People, For all People

 
July 2026 marks the 250th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. As we approach this milestone in Philadelphia, the birthplace of American democracy, PHILADELPHIA250 believes in the Declaration’s catalytic value to develop a restorative future for our city.

PHILADELPHIA250 speaks to the importance of diverse perspectives—and how the upcoming 250th is an accelerator to invite the great diversity of our people, their lived experiences, and perspectives—to work together to bring about the sustainable change we need for a thriving future city for all.


 
Twitter: @Philadelphia250
Instagram: @philadelphia250
Web: philadelphia250.us
 
Danielle DiLeo Kim AIA, Executive Director, PHILADELPHIA250, civic nonprofit

I lead, manage, and deliver transformational urban development projects for city agencies, non-profits, and developers. I use my experience as an architect and urban designer and my strengths as a strategic facilitator and connector to create better coordinated, inclusive, and aspirational community revitalization projects for my clients.

I have led the realization of institutional and cultural buildings, citywide and campus master plans, and engagement processes for community and high-level stakeholders in and around the Philadelphia region for over twenty years. Specifically, I excel at coordinating multidisciplinary teams and consistently exceeds a project’s potential by leveraging existing resources and relationships.

My passion is working to strengthen urban communities around issues of affordable housing and public realm improvements. An engaged entrepreneur, I am often asked to advise on leadership opportunities in the Philadelphia design community. I love to be engaged and busy making a difference through work and volunteer efforts. I have learned the value of improvising it and adding joy and spontaneous fun in my work.





No comments:

Post a Comment